Sunday, 8 November 2009

Fantastic Mr Fox....

....Nick and I went to see Wes Anderson's latest film, based on the children's book by Roald Dahl.



In a market dominated by Pixar and 3D releases, it was refreshing to see a defiantly old school, stop-motion animation. The stellar cast, lead by George Clooney & Meryl Streep, did Americanise a very British classic, but it didn't overshadow this brilliant, quirky adaptation. (Michael Gambon and, strangely, Jarvis Cocker were amongst the British representatives.)



The film is a charming and funny take on the Fox family & friends and their battle against three local villains Boggis, Bunce & Bean. I'd recommend it to everyone. I'm going to see if Mum & Dad still have my battered copy on a book shelf at home....I'd quite like to take another look!

No comments: