Saturday, 21 November 2009

Long live the Queen....

....Yesterday was the 18th anniversary of Freddie's death. I remember eating breakfast with mum, dad and Ruth before going to school and it featured in the news on our black & white TV. I didn't quite understand the relevance or importance of the band at that point, but from then on, with a cassette for christmas, Queen became a huge part of my life and my very first lesson in music. They have since formed the basis of every musical interest I have ever had. I decided to remind myself of Freddie's genius and so scoured YouTube. Take a moment to watch these and you'll realise why I don't think anyone has, or perhaps ever will come close to Freddie's vocal or performance.









These only really scrape the surface of an immense back catalogue but are a timely reminder of a great man & band.

No comments: