Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Dalston Lane Cafe....

....I was reliably informed that this innocuous, greasy spoon-looking caff is in fact run 'by the bloke that used to run Bistrotheque'.



Now, I don't know exactly what that means, but when I suggested that we meet there for breakfast, Joss, Kelly, Rich & Lynn agreed.



To be honest, I can't quite see what this 'bloke' has brought to the table, so to speak, because the menu and setting is pretty basic. Joss, though, raved about the brie & bacon sandwich, but it's hardly avant garde.



But then I realised they were making just what I wanted. A slightly better than average breakfast, at slightly better than reasonable prices.



So perhaps it's worth forgetting the Bistrotheque reference and just treating this cafe as it should be - a local, with friendly service, decent food and a good alternative to nearby Mess Cafe, if you're in the area. Pop along.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear Mr McKinley suggested this place and not yourself. Come clean...

Anonymous said...

We from JP enjoyed our French toast, streaky bacon and maple syrup..yum yum

1. Roy Barker said...

@ Anonymous no. 1 - you are indeed absolutely right. I subconsciously have given myself all the credit for choosing this little blighter. Mckinley is welcome to the plaudits. Roy.