Monday, 5 July 2010

Sunny Sunday....

....Kelly and I spent the day together yesterday amidst beautiful sunshine. We ate a belated breakfast at the Corner Deli.


My 'simple' breakfast. (Meaning full English basically!)

I had long since wanted to go here, an organic cafe with Russian owners I think, but was slightly disappointed.


The setting


Kel's poached eggs

While a seat alfresco was enjoyable, the service was poor and the food itself good, but not exceptional. However the prices are reasonable so I would probably give it another chance.



We wandered and cycled around the East End, popping in and out of shops, before stopping for a coffee and cake at Taste of Bitter Love.



This place is tiny - more of a takeaway cafe really, as the seating is minimal, only really used on such a sunny day as today. But it is well worth a visit - your coffee is served in random china, but one thing for sure is that it is really very good.



Strong, dark, slightly bitter. I loved it. The home made cake was excellent too, so we were happy campers. The rest of the day was just relaxing and sun kept on shining. I think we really are in summer now!

No comments: