
As usual, my ignorance is staggering - so although I know bits of the 'Che' story and see his image plastered everywhere, I really didn't know what to expect. In terms of history, it was remarkable what Castro, Guevara and the Cuban rebels managed to achieve in the liberation of the country. What I hadn't appreciated was Che's attempt, failure and death in Bolivia some years later.

Directionally, Steven Soderbergh has done a fantastic job in the contrasting styles of both films - Part One shifting time frames between black & white and colour scenes, culminating in Che's address to the United Nations assembly. Part Two is altogether quieter and beautifully shot in muted blues and greys. Both Alicia and I loved the films and felt a slight knowledgeable reward to boot!
2 comments:
I WANT TO SEE THIS FLICK...
WHERE DID YOU SEE IT?
This blog is good roy, but my friend fi's is better, she has a whole bit about how much she loves me. what more could anyone want from a blog eh?
http://youropinioniswrongandiambest.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment