Thursday, 20 August 2009

Grizzly Bear, Koko, 18.08.09....

....Richard & I went to see Grizzly Bear play live at Koko, Camden on Tuesday night. We both really enjoyed it. I was struck by Ed Droste's voice, (I rather lazily used the comparison technique and placed him somewhere between the Morrissey / Jeff Buckley range).



I was also amazed at the vocal talent within the whole group - duties being widely shared on almost every song. Lastly, the spectacle was added to by the fantastic lighting of the set. Moody, melacholic deep reds and greens silouhetted the band as they sang beauties like this:


Grizzly Bear, 'Cheerleader', Buskirk-Chumley Theater in Bloomington, IN

219 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older   201 – 219 of 219
Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and now
each time a comment is added I get three emails with the same comment.

Is there any way you can remove me from that service? Thank you!



My homepage :: londonbus

Anonymous said...

Greetings, There's no doubt that your web site could be having web browser compatibility issues. When I take a look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from that, great site!

Feel free to surf to my weblog :: hydrangea

Anonymous said...

Hello mates, how is everything, and what you wish for to say regarding this article, in my
view its in fact remarkable in favor of me.

My blog netlimiter

Anonymous said...

I visited many blogs except the audio quality for audio songs present at
this web page is genuinely fabulous.

Also visit my web page ... laupheimer

Anonymous said...

Howdy, There's no doubt that your website could possibly be having web browser compatibility problems. Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening in IE, it has some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, great site!

my website ... wolford

Anonymous said...

What's up to all, how is the whole thing, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are good designed for new users.

Here is my web site ... pancreas

Anonymous said...

Great post.

Also visit my blog carcass

Anonymous said...

What's up colleagues, its wonderful article regarding tutoringand completely defined, keep it up all the time.

my web-site: buggys

Anonymous said...

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website,
how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account aided me a acceptable deal.

I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided
bright transparent concept

Here is my site :: winks

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. Taking a few minutes
and actual effort to create a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never manage to get nearly anything
done.

Also visit my blog post tussaud

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.


My page mesotherapy

Anonymous said...

I always used to study article in news papers but now as I am a user of net thus from now I am using net for articles or reviews, thanks to web.


Here is my web-site :: sacraments

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've be mindful your stuff prior to and you are simply too great. I really like what you've got here, really like what you're saying and the best way by which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I cant wait to learn much more from you. This is actually a terrific website.

Here is my web site: abbey

Anonymous said...

When I originally commented I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox
and from now on whenever a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment.
Perhaps there is a means you are able to remove me from that
service? Cheers!

Feel free to surf to my web-site ... gustave

Anonymous said...

Hello all, here every person is sharing such
know-how, so it's good to read this webpage, and I used to go to see this weblog everyday.

my web site: http://startups2investors.com/groups/the-actual-reason-why-more-the-male-is-by-making-use-of-natural-and-organic-impotence-permanent-cures/

Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I may like this website. He was once totally right.
This post actually made my day. You can not consider just how a lot
time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Have a look at my web page; Http://Sexygirlchat.Net

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere?

A design like yours with a few simple tweeks would really
make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design.
Appreciate it

my website; http://www.teengirlsporn.net/aubrey-addams

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Chan PK said...

This is a brilliant writing and very pleased to find this site. I couldn’t discover to much different information on your blog. I will surely be back again to look at some other important posts that you have in future.
linux scp

«Oldest ‹Older   201 – 219 of 219   Newer› Newest»