
It ended up being a late one, culminating in 9 friends in a Volvo estate, several loaves of free bread and an involuntary snooze amongst company!
To make myself feel better, I dragged myself along to some galleries yesterday. I started at the Wellcome Collection, to see Exquisite Bodies. A small but perfectly formed collection of anatomical wax models that blur the line between education and fairground horror. Lovely.

I visited two more exhibitions showcasing illustrator cum designers: Anthony Burrill at Kemistry Gallery and Richard Hogg at Concrete Hermit. Neither seemed to have a great deal on show, but what there was I quite liked - Hogg's humorous prints tickled me, whereas Burrill's were more simplistic, using acid colours to shake them up.

Burrill

Hogg
Later on, the vulture followed the culture as I joined friends, (all formerly of Newcastle), for dinner to belatedly celebrate Robin's birthday. We went to Little Bay - a frequent haunt of mine and although good, new owners, (I suspect), and an altered menu, took a little getting used to!
No comments:
Post a Comment